Preventative Care at Dorking Smiles.
We want to make sure to keep your smile looking and feeling as healthy as possible; we can help give you all the tips and tricks to give your teeth the best preventative care. Preventive care is vital to patients of all ages. There are various techniques required to attain good dental health, and you can pass these onto your family members.
PREVENTIVE CARE Faqs
Our top tips for healthy teeth and gums are:
- Use a soft toothbrush, preferably an electric toothbrush with rounded bristles
- Replace brush head every three to four months or after an illness
- Brush twice daily
- Use toothpaste with fluoride
- Floss once daily
- Visit us on a routine basis (every 6 months)
- Attend Periodontal check-ups
- Have oral cancer screenings
- Avoid tobacco products and excessive alcohol use
It is essential to maintain good oral hygiene and to take care of your teeth and gums. Practising this will provide the necessary foundation for lifelong dental health. At Dorking Smiles, we recommend attending a dental check-up on a regular basis. This allows us to treat any potential problems quickly and efficiently, therefore avoiding any unnecessary surprises. Our aim is to make sure we keep your teeth in the best dental shape.