Invisible Braces in Reigate
A modern alternative to traditional braces.
Visit Dorking Smiles today, and we can help you get the smile you’ve always wanted. For more information about this highly sought-after treatment, please see below.
What are Invisible Braces in Reigate?
Invisible Braces in Reigate are an alternative to traditional braces and are known in the dental industry as clear aligner therapy. Clear customised “aligners” are worn in sequence to move your teeth in stages until their optimal alignment position has been reached.
Invisible Braces are prescribed to treat various degrees of the following orthodontic conditions:
- Crowded teeth
- Rotated teeth
Invisible Braces in Reigate takes anywhere between 6-8 months. Depending on the complexity of the case, your treatment may differ. Once you have undergone your candidacy assessment with us and determined that you are a candidate, the details of your treatment (including the expected length of treatment) will be made available to you.
Invisible Braces are also known as Invisalign; they are created with transparent plastic that is FDA certified. As they’re clear, this will mean that no one will notice them as they are almost invisible as you wear them all the time.
Step By Step Guide
Step 1: Smile consultation and candidacy determination
- We will assess the overall condition of your mouth and complete any necessary dental work required before starting an Invisible Braces.
- This is followed by either a 3D scan or impression of your teeth which will be sent to the treatment planners to determine candidacy.
- The treatment planning team will digitally plot all tooth movements and plan your new smile if you are a candidate.
- We will send you a digital 3D Smile Simulation so that you can evaluate your expected results before embarking on your Invisible Braces treatment.
Step 2: The Invisible Braces journey
- Once you have accepted the treatment plan, your case will be sent for Aligner manufacture.
- Should your treatment plan require IPR or attachments, we will book an appointment at the correct time according to your treatment plan (this is normally done on the same day that you collect your Invisible Braces).
- Collect Invisible Braces from us and begin treatment.
- Your Invisible Braces are worn for 22 hours a day, seven days a week and replaced every 1 to 2 weeks with the next aligner.
- We will monitor your progress throughout your treatment.
Step 3: Retention
- Once you have finished your Invisible Braces treatment, you will be required to wear your retainers for a minimum of 22 hours a day for three months to maintain your newly aligned smile. After that, you may move to nightly wear or a fixed lingual retainer at our agreed discretion (1 set of removable retainers is included per treatment).
Who Can Wear Invisible Braces?
Invisible Braces are for anyone looking for a discrete alternative to traditional orthodontic braces that produce similar outcomes, affordability and shorter treatment times.
Invisible Braces are available to adults and teenagers provided they have been determined as suitable candidates. The minimum age is 16 (as it is required that all permanent teeth have erupted). There is no maximum age for Invisible Braces, and many adults find the nature of the treatment suitable to their lifestyles.
Why Choose Dorking Smiles for Invisible Braces in Reigate
Traditional orthodontics use metal wires and brackets bonded to your teeth to move them into their desired positions. Instead of the metal wires or brackets, Invisible Braces are clear removable plastic trays that apply slight yet exact forces to specific teeth throughout your treatment.